Five Must Do maintenance tasks when selling your home.
If you’re a homeowner, you already know that keeping your property in tiptop shape requires ongoing maintenance. This is especially true if you’ve decided to sell your home. An experienced real estate agent can help you sort out what you must do to sell your home but here is a good list to get you started:
- Keep the yard and walkways – Make sure to keep your landscaping tidy—remove dead tree limbs, rake leaves, and clean out flowerbeds.
- Clean the gutters and check the roof – This one’s easy to forget about, even when you don’t plan on going anywhere. But when it comes to gutter and roof issues, neglect can cause a dangerous domino effect.
- Service the Heating systems – Annual checks will preserve the life of your heating and cooling system.
- Wash your windows – No matter what time of year, have the windows be squeaky clean.
- Seasonal items – Put away snow shovels, lawn mowers, patio furniture and gardening tools.
Staying on top of these regular tasks will make it easier to sell your home with fewer headaches. Plus, it will preserve the value of your property.
Give us a call and we can help you figure out how best to prep your home to get the most value! We help people. That’s our Business. 970 963 5177.