A home inspection provides an unbiased evaluation of a home’s condition. By taking some important steps to prepare the property for inspection, you can avoid basic problems. These issues will arise and it’s so much easier to take care of them at your pace and not under the pressure of contract deadline.
- Repair any damage to steps and walk ways, and seal cracks in the driveway.
- Re-Caulk around exterior doors and windows, check flashing and replace any missing or damaged shingles.
- Have your Furnace/HVAC or boiler checked.
- Replace any cracked or broken window glass.
- Have the fireplace and chimney inspected and cleaned by a professional.
- Fix any leaky faucets and fixtures. Repair grout around tub and sinks.
- All electrical outlets and switches need to be in working order.
- Replace batteries in battery smoke alarms and Carbon Monoxide detectors. Test all hard wired detectors.
At Amoré Realty we like to encourage our sellers to be on the offense and not the defense. By getting a home inspection before you list your home, you will be prepared and not taken by surprise. We help people. That’s our business. Call today at 970.379.4766.